Monday 7 May 2012

I've been dying to try these..

I have been dying to try these Suffolk Puff flowers for ages and I finally got around to it- Love them!!

The fabric is a pack of quilters 'fat quarters' which gave me a lovely selection of colours to go at. They were cut out with a nestie, which went through 2 layers without a problem but 3 layers did not cut the last properly! I then hand stitched a smallish running stitch around the circle and left them flat until needed. When I was ready to make this card I gathered them up and tied off the threads. I had ordered some slightly larger buttons- but as they are coming from Shanghi they aren't here yet- so I was careful to make sure the small buttons covered the gathers when I sewed them on.

I am on a mission to use all the images that I have printed, to fill up the page, but not used so I chose this trendy Cherry Kisses girl by Pollycraft and coloured her to match the papers from a digi-scrap blogtrain called 'April Fool'. The ribbon was saved for me by my son- who knows better than to throw away anything that could have a crafty use- it was on a valentines chocolate lolly and has Thorntons printed on the back of it!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

9 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Alison, love the colours and fab flowers. Hugs, Claire x

Rene said...

This is awesome...love the papers, those flowers, the image...it's just fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! For a chance at a second prize, don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM! Good luck,
Rene :D

Sheryl said...

Ooh like the look of these Alison. I must try these. I love the colours DP and those flowers are just amazing. Good to see you at CRAFT this week.
Hope we see you again soon.
Hugs
Sheryl (DT) xx

Irene said...

A brilliant card Alison, and what a cutie of an image. Those fabric flowers are fab.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
irene
xxxx

Joanne said...

Adorable card! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Alison, Cute card. I love the YoYos .

:) Chris / CS Designs

BTW, saw your lovely card on Make it Monday.

Sylvia x said...

Stunning card...thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenges

Sylvia xx

Michelle said...

Hi Alison

Your card is wonderful, those flowers are so pretty. Your colouring of this sweet image is fabulous too.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Bettina L. said...

Such a cute card. Love the spot and striped design and those flowers look awsome. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx