Tuesday 8 May 2012

I'm addicted to checks...

It's official, I am addicted to checked papers! Yesterday's card had checked papers, as does this and another I made but haven't blogged yet- and when I was looking back through my photos of cards there are alot of others too!
Continuing with my mission to use printed but uncoloured images up- I chose this Stella image from Bugaboo from my box to make this card. I cut her out with a nestie that I must use more often and drew around it on Core'dinations for a neat mat. The papers are from a digi-scrap kit called Apple Pickin' and I coloured Stella to match with my Promarkers. The flower was cut with a Sizzix Originals die using paper I printed from the kit for a perfect match and the little swirls are cut from a Marianne D swirl using the Core'dinations. The sentiment reads- The more candles, the bigger the wish. It was a freebie from Bluebirdflats and I coloured the tiny candles to match the card. A few Candi to finish.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Such a gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Alison :-) One of my fave Stella's :-) very cute and the colours and checked paper are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love this image and your pretty plaid papers.


I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 70)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Joy said...

Fun card, love the die cut that you used... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Mandy said...

Fab card Alison,love the image they always make me smile...Great papers and colours too..
Mandy x

Jules said...

Hi Alison

A great card. Love the sentiment that you have used!!!

I don't think you can go wrong with checks or dots, and script paper.

Love Jules xx

Karen said...

I'm addicted to papers full stop! Hehehe!
Fabby card sweetie!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.


Scrappy said...

Flabby card! Gotta love old Stella! :-) Thanks so much for sharing your talent and creativity with us at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you'll be back to join us again soon!

Scrappy - Bugaboo Stamps DT

Sonia said...

A great take on this weeks sketch, great image too.Thanks for taking part in this weeks Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge.
Hugs Sonia xx