Friday 2 July 2010

A Birthday Card for my Godmother...

I just had to use Dancing Maggie from Sugar Nellie for Aunty Barbara who has lived up in Scotland for most of her life and, as usual, I found a check paper to paper piece her kilt. I followed the sketch from the Sugar Bowl and the option of scallops. Creative Card Crew and Cuttlebug Challenges both have an Easel Card as their challenges. The circle has been embossed in the Perfect Paisley folder from Cuttlebug on Core'dinations and lightly sanded which fits with Allsorts challenge of embossing. I 'heart' Promarkers has stripes which I have used as one of my papers. Simon says has 'check it out' - the kilt and tag are done in the same checked paper. I got out my old Sizzix Original die to make the scalloped tag which fits with Little Red Wagon's challenge. Practical Scrappers challenged us to get out our border punches which I have done with a Fiscars punch for my stand. Colour Create have 'baby pink, peach and black' as their colour scheme- found it hard to get in the black so that is my stamping! Dutch Dare have a flower photo as their inspiration and I tried colouring some white flowers with my promarkers- they came out a bit strongly coloured so I will start lighter next time but not bad for a first try! And finally, Crafts and me have birthdays as their challenge. Wow- this is going to take some linking so I had better get off and do that!!!

22 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely Alison, I'm sure your Godmother with love it too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card Alison. The colours you've used are really delicate. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

June Houck said...

Oh, Alison, I love pink & orange together! Maybe I've watched too many Dora the Explorer episodes, but she is cute in her pink & orange :)

No doubt your Godmother will treasure this lovely creation you made just for her.


June Houck
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I LOVE the paisley embossing you did!! The punch and tag are so pretty too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Kirsten...x said...

fabulous card love the image and the embossing look super...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

Anonymous said...

This is sooo beautifuly elegant..
Thanks for joining in with the cuttlebug challenges
Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Lilian said...

Awesome work to combine all the challenges into this beautiful easel card. :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

WeirdCat said...

Love the way you have put this together and the colours used,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,
Ruth x

Unknown said...

Hi, Where do i start....theres so many gorgeous details on your easel card, the paper piecing, punched border & the embossing are all beautiful and so well put together

Thank you for joining us for a Creative card crew challenge, hope you will join us again next week

love emma xxx

Lorraine said...

That's lovely. Love your colours. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Joanne said...

Simply adorable! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Kelly Schelske said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colors and the embossed circle! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Alison, thanks for joining colour create with this gorgeous card, I'm sure it will be well loved, hugs Liz xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Alison :-) such a cute image and the papers and colours you used are fab ,, am sure your Aunty Barbara will love this :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

katesacraftybugger said...

very nice , she will love it .Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Carolyn Wolff said...

I am sure your Grandmother will love it. It is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh your Godmother will love it!!! So sweet!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog!

Rosanne said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

My name is Wynneth said...

Such a sweet easel card. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Unknown said...

It's a lovely cardd. Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Card Challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute easel card Alison. Love the image, the colors... nice flowers! Thanks for joining us at DDCC.

Karen Howard said...

Very pretty, love the soft colors!

Love challenges, then you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Hugs, Karen