Friday 30 July 2010

Football Birthday card...

One of the men in our church housegroup is a big Manchester United fan so this is his birthday card! I went on their website and found the kit for the new season which I then drew onto this Papermania image, after it was stamped, with one of the pens you get with Promarker sets before colouring it with my promarkers. I just could not get the camera to pick it up :-( but the red backing paper has footballs, scarves and stars stamped on it in red. The word stamp is one of my old wood mounted ones from Funstamps stamped with die based ink and tinted around the edges- I have green fingers of the non-gardening variety today!
I'm entering this for The Stampman Challenge of 'Take two colours'- red and green in my case, and also Totally Stampalicious who have 'Birthday cards' as their challenge.

5 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Alison, fabulous card, I love that image hes so cute. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Jules said...

Hi Alison

A brilliant card. Love it!

Great layout and clever you being able to draw football strips on your image .. .. I can see your images on your red backing.

Love Jules xx

Christine L said...

Wonderful card and so perfect for a football fan! Your colouring is superb! And by the way - I was also called TillyMint by my Dad! That brought back memories - he passed away 30 years ago now, but I can still hear him say it clear as a bell! Good to know there are two of us at least! hehe..
I see you're in W Yorks - as am I. In Wetherby - are you close?
Bye for now
Christine x

Sarah said...

What a fab male card, I love the layout x

The Stamp Man said...

Lovely card for a football fan, red is the chosen football shirt colour in our family but not Manchester United!!

Thanks for entering The Stamp Man Take 2 colours Challenge

Jill