Anyway, I took the bull between the horns earlier this week and tried a new background and added a header for the first time. After a few panics with the header I had it all on and looking right! I lived with it for a few days and then decided it wasn't quite what I was after!
So I looked again and found another design, made from a Summertime Designs kit that I love. (I have got really into downloading Digi Scrapping kits lately, but all I do with them is resize and print the papers for my cards. I have ambitions to try digi scrapping but I don't really know where to start.) With more confidence this time I put it on my blog and I like it.
Don't know what happened to me last night, but I started looking around the internet and admiring the really co-ordinated blogs with signatures and post dividers etc. and found a few tutorials. I had a go at making a post divider using Photoshop but could not figure out a few things. After a few questions to my very computer literate husband, who seemed amused that I was trying to have a conversation about transparent backgrounds and PNG files, I had another go this morning. I managed to create the post divider and saved it!
That was only half the battle! Now I had to get it onto my blog after each post! According to the tutorial I had to alter the HTML code of my blog to do this which was really scary, especially for someone who had been afraid to change the background only a week ago! So I backed up the template, as instructed, and began- I don't think I breathed again until I previewed it and there it was! I was so excited when I went through to tell my husband and all he could say was "See, it wasn't hard was it!"
I know this might not be rocket science for some of you out there but this was huge for me, so I just thought I would tell you about it!