Sunday 14 February 2010

Two Valentines for the men in my life...

...don't get excited! I mean my husband and my son!

This cheeky little number is for my husband. I thought I might be pushing it with the image AND the sentiment but it made him laugh when he opened it this morning! You see he is rather 'cuddly' and this Murray and Ethel image reminded me of him- in the nicest possible way! I love that Murray and Ethel sentiment too. We have always said "Do you love me?" and replied "I'm still here, aren't I!" so you get the picture of what we are like! The papers are a free (for personal use) download from Shabby Princess.This is for my son so it had to be boyish rather than the traditional Valentines colours. I found the right papers in a recent download which was a free collaboration called Dr Love from Collies Corner and Sweet Digi Scraps. 'Billy' images from Pink Cat Studio are perfect for him right now and this set has mini stamps for the center of the heart- I chose 'Hug me' because I love hugs from him and dread the day when he decides he is too big for them!

Not surprisingly, quite a few of the challenges have Valentines as their theme this week so I am entering these cards for My Time to Craft, Cute Card Thursday and Dutch Dare. Charisma Cardz has 'male' as their theme so I am also entering them both for this.

8 comments:

Karin said...

Both Cards are so pretty! I'm sure your husband and son will be happy with it!

karin xx

Pat said...

Great cards, I'm sure they were appreciated by both the men in your life!! Thanks for joining in at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Daniele said...

what a great funny cheeky card so love the verse it made me smile nice one thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Chrissie said...

Love that first sentiment!
Great cards!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MTTC. Hope to see you again next week!
Chrissie

Leann said...

These are gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Vee said...

Fabulous Male cards. I love that image and the sentiment is really great. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Tara said...

Sweet cards Alison and the first one is very cheeky too, lol!
Hugs Tara xx

Suzanne said...

Absolutely brilliant. Love it
Hugs
Suzanne x