Friday 27 February 2009

A winter birthday card.

I made this winter themed birthday card with a set of personal impressions clear stamps that I got for Christmas. They were a little bit 'sticky' to start with and it took me a few goes to get a clear print but I got there in the end and hopefully it will be better next time because I love the image. I teamed her up with some paper I got from Partners ages ago- still keeping that New Year's resolution! The strip is pearly purple and the mirror board has a leather like embossing which I thought added to the frostyness. The nesty is quite square and she looked a bit 'lost' in the middle so I made it snow by stamping snowflakes in pale blue and embossing them with holographic powder. The final touch was some ostrich wool that has some clear strands in it which pick up the light. It has just occured to me how like Dawny's sketch on PTW this is but I actually made it a few weeks back!

1 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Alison - this is really lovely - great work :o)