Thursday 19 February 2009

A special card

My friend asked me to make a Valentines card for her to give her husband. He is blind so the most important aspect of the card was that it was tactile. I used a nice heavyweight pearl card for both the base card and the embossing. I was thrilled when I found the grosgrain ribbon with swirls on in my stash because it tied in so well with the embossing while adding a nice texture. To add interest the ribbon panel is secured down and the card opens from the score after that. More of my felt flowers in burgundy and dark brown secured with a brad and an interestingly shaped message cut and embossed with my nesties and popped up on 3D foam. I hope it fits the bill with the textures as well as looking good- she seemed really pleased with it when I gave it to her.

0 comments: