Monday 6 September 2010

An 'Ethel' card...

For those who were wondering about the title of this post, this card has been made with stamps from the Murray and Ethel sets,which are a fabulously funny but also gentle set of stamps featuring 'seniors'. The papers are all from the 'Owl always love spring' digi set from Summertime Designs- but I used the ones without owls!
I reduced the size of one of the papers to paper piece her dress so it had a floral print then picked out colours from this for her accessories. I wanted them to look really bright and clashing but as they match the papers I'm not sure that came off! The flowers were white and coloured with promarkers to match the papers and I finally have some small foliage in the form of a Marrianne Designs die which came with 2 flower dies.
I just love the sentiment! Here it is in more detail:
I'm entering this for Crafty Emma's 'floral frenzy' challenge and Lexi's Creations 'flower power'. Cowgirl Sunday have 'anything goes'. Our Daily Bread have 'buttons, brads or eyelets' and I have used some brads I've had for ages as my flower centers.

8 comments:

Sheena said...

What a fun image and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge this week! Sheena xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, just love the sentiment it goes just perfectly with that fab image!
Thanks for joining us this week at CES Challenges!
hugs shell xx

stampingmarianne said...

I have seen Ethel before, and she is an adorable lady. You gave her a perfect place on your beautiful card. Great colors and the flowers does fit it so well!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
marianne

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun easel with such gorgeous details. Love the image and sentiment. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge this week.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous, love the paper piecing and the sentiment x

Lori said...

That image cracks me up, great card, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
I have some yummy Blog Candy at www.justsoducky.blogspot.com if you're interested.

Tracey said...

This is such fun Alison!

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Chrissy D said...

This is sooo funny! Great image and card! Thank you for the smile! Thanks for joining us in the Shining Light Challenge this week! Have a blessed week!!!