Thursday 12 March 2009

"You Passed" card.

I have a box of cards at the school where I teach part-time and there has been a test congratulations card in there for ages. Suddenly, last week, it sold and someone else asked where it was because she wanted to buy it too! Typical!

I managed to restock on pearlised paper to print onto at Holmfirth Mill and was really pleased because it can be hit and miss there and I had almost run out. The paper was printed from a Crafter's Companion CD that I got as a Christmas present and the red is also from the mill shop pay-per-box. The image and sentiment are from a Woodware clear set that I have had for ages and I water coloured it using Whispers pens scribbled onto an acrylic block and painted on. I particularly like to do this when using black because it gives a less solid colour so you can still see the detail of the stamp. The bumper and wing mirrors have been coloured with a silver gel pen. I followed a sketch on Mojo Monday week 77. Sorry the photo isn't very good, I had to take it in the early evening and the light was going.

0 comments: