Thursday, 19 May 2011

'Cupcake Inspiration' and lots of other challenges!...

As soon as I saw the photo at Cupcake Inspiration this week a card design appeared in my head and I have now found an evening to put it together!

The colours made me think of the 'Relax' papers from Summertime Designs and the birds reminded me of the bird stamps I got from the Elzybells closing down sale but had not inked up yet! - I know I'm bad!
The sentiment is a freebie from Scrap-a-licious Times and I printed it onto some of the DP by running it through my printer again. (Only do this on inkjets- my husband has warned me that it will do bad things to laser printers!) I coloured a white fabric flower with my Promarkers to match the papers and used a Papermania pearl brad in the center. I wanted this to be really feminine so have also added tiny pearls to the centers of the flowers on the image and 3 at the bottom of the card. The dark brown mats looked a bit too much on their own but when they are put with the other colours I think they work well.

This card also fits the following challenges:

21 comments:

Angela said...

Such a lovely card. I love the colours and the cute bird

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, such a cute image. Thank you for joining us over at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Alison, very pretty
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Amy Tidd said...

Such a cutie card!!! Lovely! X
amyxx

http://www.craftythinker.blogspot.com

Jo said...

Love that image - your card is beautiful

jo

glitterangel said...

Fabulous card, I love that stamp image, and the colours are lovely

Rein said...

Sweet card, thanks for joining in with DCM.

Faye said...

Oh I really love this. Fab take on our In the Garden Challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week. x

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing your prewtty card with The Daring Cardmakers A Darlin' BUGS of May challenge this week.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Alison, the papers are gorgeous and I love the cute image x

Chris said...

wonderful card, it's perfect for the inspirations photo.
I'm so glad I got to see it.
thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Jules said...

Hi Alison

A gorgeous card.

Love your layout and that great image.

Everytime we go out in our garden and leave the tools whilst we have a tea break a bird always seems to come and perch on them .. .. .. doing a little survey for garden worms and nest material no doubt.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Shelly said...

Such a pretty project, I love all the papers and cute image! Perfect for our theme at Cupcake this week! Shelly x

Nannieflash said...

Wow Alison that is stunning, love your papers and the way youve coloured your image. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

Michele said...

Such a wonderful card Alison, love the cute image. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious Challenge. Hugs Michele x

Mandy said...

Hi Alison,
Wonderful card,lovely colours and stamp....
Mandy x

Lisa said...

Super cute project! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Alison, what a beautiful card. I love the image and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Alison :-) the image is adorable and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Janna Werner said...

Hi Alison! Thanks so much for sharing your celery-white-sea glass blue creativity with us at DYSU Challenge Blog this week :) Janna

*Alison* said...

Great job on cating the colors in the inspirational photo.. Congrats on winning over at DYSU.. this card is AMAZING.. anyone would LOVE to have this.. :) Can't wait to see what you create next week.. HUGS

Alison
DYSU Owner