Thursday, 19 August 2010

Little Mermaid...

I was not going to do any crafting today! I have loads to do before I go away tomorrow and was only going to have a quick glance at today's challenges while I drank my morning tea ...but... as I read the challenges this card came into my head!
I already had Emma the Mermaid printed and cut out from when I did my last mermaid card and she fitted 'under the sea' at Treehouse. I had spotted the Think Pink digi papers by Just So Scrappy when I was last looking for something else and they fitted the 'Ubber Pinkness!' challenge at Paper Play. Also Penny's have 'Pink and Green'. The super layout came from the sketch at Cute Card Thursday. CRAFT had a photo inspiration of some Jelly Tots and this inspired me to make my own sugarcoated brad by gluing the head of a plain pink one and dipping it in glitter. Creative Card Crew have 'sparkle and shine' which is my brad plus all the stardust pen highlights which have hardly come out on the photo!
Charisma Cardz had 'die cuts' as their challenge and it is ages since I used any of the felt flowers I made with a Sizzix Originals die so I used a couple of them and also used the same die to cut my greenery and a Sizzlet to cut the tiny starfish. I love dies because you can turn scraps into fantastic embellishments and do it again and again! This fits with Digital Tuesday's 'use your scraps' challenge (Emma is a digistamp). The Wild Flower Patch have 'use polka dots' which one of my papers are. Finally Wild Orchid have 'one for the girls' which this totally fits!

28 comments:

pink lady said...

What a pretty card Alison, I love anything pink! Such a cute image and the love the flower detail and the punch you have used x

Neva said...

OMGosh Alison, so happy you decided to hit the challenges anyway today. What a wonderful job you did on all of those challenges too. Thanks for including today's Treehouse Thursday "Under The Sea" challenge. Hope to see you again.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Alison I love your card the pinks look fabulous and love the image and flower thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

This is darling Alison!! I love the pinks and your little mermaid is super cute!! Terrific job on this!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Treehouse Stamps Thursday Challenge!!

Heather Prince
aka: Princessheather

Anneke said...

Ooh, this mermaid is so CUTE!
Thanks for joining us at digital Tuesday :)
Greetings Anneke

Cherie said...

Hi Alison, Gorgeous cute card thanks for playing along with creative card crew,
Hugs cherie

Rainmac said...

This is so pretty, love all the pink x

michelle said...

Love the card Alison, my favourite at the moment is nestabilities:)

Mermaids are so sweet arnt they:)
love
Michelle x

Kelly H said...

Awwww, what a cute little mermaid! Love your colors - thanks for playing along with us in this week's Treehouse Thursday Challenge.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous sparkly card!!! Thanks for joining in with the Creative Card Crew. Caroline x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Soooo adorable Alison!! Love the layout and of course this image is toooo cute! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!

aardvarkpest said...

Cute card, Loving the mermaid and the pink.

Glenda

Jacqueline said...

So sweet! Love all the pink and the image is sooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us at The Wild flower Patch!! :D

Jacqueline said...

Soo sweet! Love all the pink and the image is sooo cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Wild Flower Patch!

Allison said...

so cute
Thanks for playing along at charisma this week
AllisonX

Suzi said...

Cute cute cute, this is just adorable, love that little mermaid. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a cute pretty in pink card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenge thsi week! :)

Rose said...

Gorgeous card Alison, lovely cute image and I love your glittery brad!

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose xx

Heather Maria said...

Adorable card Alison! Such a cute image and you have coloured it beautifully! Love all the pretty layers and your gorgeous flower too!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sarah, wow fabulous card, love the pink of it, and your image is so cute and pretty. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Leann said...

What a gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining in with this week's CCT challenge :D
Hugs x

Maria Levine said...

What a fun mermaid in Pink! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Treehouse Stamps!

Mandy said...

Hi Alison,
Such a pretty card I love the pink theme...
Mandy xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Alison, just wanted to apologise for calling you Sally hope you will forgive me my fopah. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Stephanie said...

Wonderful card, thanks so much for playing along with us at Treehouse Thursday!

Paul said...

Great use of scraps. Liking your sizzix flower too. I love digi images and a chance to use up those scraps with the Digital Tuesday challenge was great. Now I'm enjoying looking at what others made - such inspiration!
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Courtney said...

This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! The image is adorable.

Thank you for joining us at CCT this week. :)

Hugs, Vanja